When a user connects to a Windows Server 2003 running XenApp over an RDP connection, the connection is denied and the following error messages appear:
“The desktop you are trying to open is currently available only to administrators. Contact your administrator to confirm that the correct settings are in place for your client connection.”
“You do not have access to logon to this Session.”
- The preceding error messages appear even if the user is a member of the Remote Desktop Users group.
- The user does not experience connectivity issues with a Citrix Windows client.
Installing XenApp on Windows Server 2003 creates a new RDP-TCP listener. The default properties of this listener allow only the launching of published applications.
Complete the following procedure to successfully connect to a Windows Server 2003 running XenApp over an RDP connection:
To allow users to connect with an RDP connection, uncheck the Only Launch Published Applications option in the Advanced Connection Settingsdialog box of the RDP-TCP listener in the Terminal Services Configuration tool.
To allow users to connect with an RDP connection, open Terminal Services Configuration and open RDP-Tcp Properties. Under Citrix Settings, uncheck the option Non-administrators only launch published applications.
This document applies to:
- MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 for Microsoft Windows 2003
- Presentation Server 4.0 for Microsoft Windows 2003
- Presentation Server 4.5 for Windows Server 2003
- XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2003 x64
- XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2003 x86